Sunday, March 22, 2015

Slantboxes!

As a teacher I am always trying to broaden my social circle of colleagues and other educators.  I love hearing about different strategies, programs, and lessons that others try and use in their schools and classrooms, which is just one reason that I decided to start blogging!  I love to read other blogs and get to know other teachers!  When I heard about the Slantboxes that Jameson at Lessons with Coffee organizes each month I knew this was something that was right up my ally!

This was my fourth time participating in a Slantbox exchange.  Each month you are paired up with one other teacher (Anywhere throughout the world - Yes, you can even request to be paired up with someone internationally!  How cool is that?)  and Jameson selects a theme.  February's theme was, I LOVE Teaching!  You spend the month getting to know the other teacher through e-mail, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, any and all forms of social media.  As you get to know the other teacher, you put together a box of goodies that you think the other teacher would enjoy to receive around the 25th of the month and mail it off!  It is so much fun getting to know different teachers and realize how much we are alike!  And sometimes different!  :)  

In February, my Slantbox partner was the lovely Linda from Teach-a-Latte.  I loved getting to know her and when I received my box, I felt like she had known me for years!  







I am a school supply addict!  I just can't get enough!  And Roxy and Ozzy were SO EXCITED to get some treats in the box they went crazy!  I had to open them up right away!  They loved the treats...and they are picky treat-eaters. :)  I also already read Schooled! (While I probably should have been doing Grad work...shhh!)  I loved it!  I am thinking of sneaking the bell into some meetings this week.  We could always use extra smiles!  Thanks so much Linda!  You really brightened up my week! 

I missed the deadline for the March Slantboxes but I will be checking back at the beginning of April to get back in on the action!  If you want to participate as well check out the Slantbox Link at the beginning of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment