Friday, August 8, 2014

Five For Friday!



Hi Everyone! I am recovering from gallbladder surgery and thought what better time to participate in my very first Linky Party?! I am linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching for their Five for Friday. This is one of my favorite Linky Parties to read and I am so excited to join in this week!


Here’s My Five for Friday this week!



I am in LOVE with this pink and gold polka-dot binder I found at Target!  It will be the perfect tool for helping me stay organized this year.  It comes in navy blue and lime green as well!  And I was so excited to find a matching notebook at Home Goods!  They seriously make me smile whenever I see them. 



 My Birthday was on Wednesday and I turned 29!!! Only one year left in my twenties!!!! Oh my goodness!!!  I had a great birthday, and went out for breakfast with my Aunt Patty, received my first IV iron treatment (Whoohoo for energy!!!), and finished up the evening going out to dinner with my family.  It was a great day and I feel incredibly lucky to have so many great friends and family! 

I also received a beautiful Kate Spade Bangle from my mom for my birthday.  It is a “Mom Said So” Bangle, and is engraved on the outside to read:  sit up straight, say thank you, do your homework, play nice, say please, and go play outside.  I absolutely love it!!!


I am loving Smartie Pants new Star Student Freebie!  Seriously go visit their blog now and grab it!  I can’t wait to implement it in the classroom this year!


These are my Boston Terriers, Ozzy and Roxy.  I’ve loved spending the summer hanging out with them and cuddling!  I am really going to miss them when I head back to school in a couple weeks! 



Is anyone else completely obsessed with Orange is the New Black?  I have unwillingly fallen onto the OITNB bandwagon.  The show is a complete train wreck but I can’t stop watching!!!


I hope that you are enjoying your last few weeks of summer (If you haven’t gone back to school yet!).  Keep your eyes open for my first Teachers Pay Teachers product coming soon!  

8 comments:

  1. Hope you heal quickly!!! You're dogs are so adorable. I really enjoyed spending more time with my pets this summer, too. And I LOOOVE Orange Is the New Black!!! Agree that it's a complete train wreck, but I so love it!!!

    BTW, I like the cute font on your blog. How did you do that?! I can't figure out how to use cute fonts on Blogger.

    Beth
    Adventures of a Schoolmarm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,

      To get different fonts for your blog on blogger, I log into my blogger dashboard. From there I click on Template on the far left. After clicking on Template there will be two pictures from your blog showing you what your blog currently looks like. Click on the button underneath the first picture that says Customize. From there you will see a new screen at the top of your blog. Click on Advanced and you will see another list of choices beginning with Page Background Color. Scroll down until you see Text Font. There are many fonts to choose from. I use Crafty Girls. After choosing the font that you like, click the orange button that says, “Apply to Blog”. Then you are all set! Let me know if that worked or if you need help!

      Delete
  2. That is such a cute binder from Target. They have some of the best school supplies! Your dogs are too cute. I am going to miss mine when school starts too! Have a great weekend.

    Jamie
    Tales of a Carolina Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie,

      I LOVE Target school supplies! I worked at Target for about 9 years and still think I can't go in without spending at least $50! It's a sickness!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Obsessed with your new Kate Spade bangle! What a sweet momma you have:) Loving your binder too! You are going to be one trendy teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have a sweet momma!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the same binder from Target! They have the best school stuff right now! I am also completely obsessed with OITNB, I am so sad that I finished season two...what am I supposed to do now? Love your Kate Spade bangle, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished OITNB and am waiting impatiently for the next season!! Why do they make us wait so long?! :)

      Delete